3.07.2011

Phase 1

So, I finally got started on the bike. It was fun and a bit scary watching all the parts start coming off. First the headlight, followed by the handlebars, then front forks... well you get the idea. I mainly took all the old accessories,chrome and lighting off the bike, along with the seat and battery/battery tray. 

I'm about  50% done with the tear down. Within the next few weeks I hope to get her down to bare frame, then the real fun begins. Soda-blasting/sandblasting the frame, powder coating black, and getting her ready for the engine.

The engine, now that's the other beast. It's in great condition. I want to soda blast that too, then polish her up, and maybe seal her with a high temp clear or painting the top end black. Once the engine is out, gonna go by the manual and tear it down and inspect every part, replace what's worn, and polish/port heads, then reassemble. Next hurdle is fuel and front forks, but I'll get into that another time.

Here are some pics of of what she looks like day one of the tear down. Enjoy.



As she sits now...
She needs more stripping then I'll "carefully" remove the wiring harness and get her ready for sandblasting. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment